Peripheral and Central Mechanisms for Hyperalgesia
Professor and Director, Neuroscience Doctoral Program
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy
Medical College of Wisconsin
- Brandow A.M., Stucky C.L., Hillery C.A., Hoffmann R.G. and Panepinto J.A. Patients with Sickle Cell Disease Have Increased Sensitivity to Cold and Heat. American Journal of Hematology, in press.
- Weng Y., Batista P.A., Barabas M.E., Harris E.Q., Dinsmore T.B., Kossyreva E.A., Foshage A.M., Wang M.H., Schwab M.J., Wang V.M., Stucky C.L. and Story GM. Prostaglandin metabolite induces inhibition of TRPA1 and channel-dependent nociception. Molecular Pain, in press.
- Barabas M.E., Kossyreva E.A. and Stucky C.L. TRPA1 is functionally expressed by IB4-binding, non-peptidergic rodent sensory neurons. PlosOne, in press.
- Garrison S.R., Hillery C.A. and Stucky C.L. Light touch afferents are sensitized and contribute to allodynia in mice with severe sickle cell disease. Molecular Pain 8(1):62 (Epub ahead of print), 2012.
- Lennertz R.C., Kossyreva, E.A., Smith, A.K. and Stucky C.L. TRPA1 mediates mechanical sensitization in nociceptors during inflammation. PlosOne 7(8):e43597, 2012.
- Garrison S.R., Dietrich A. and Stucky C.L. TRPC1 contributes to light-touch sensation and mechanical responses in low-threshold cutaneous sensory neurons. J. Neurophysiol. 107:913-922, 2012.
- Lennertz R.C., Medler, K.A., Bain J.L., Wright D.E. and Stucky C.L. Impaired sensory nerve function and axon morphology in mice with diabetic neuropathy. J. Neurophysiol. 106:905-914, 2011.
- Hillery C.A., Kerstein P.C., Vilceanu D., Barabas M.E., Retherford D., Brandow A.M., Wandersee N.J. and Stucky C.L.Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 mediates pain in mice with severe sickle cell disease. Blood. 118:3376-3383, 2011.
- Rigaud M., Gemes G., Abram S.E., Dean C., Hopp F.A., Stucky C.L., Eastwood D., Tarima S., Seagard J., Hogan Q.H. Pain tests provoke modality-specific cardiovascular responses in awake, unrestrained rats. Pain, 2011.
Honors and Awards:
- John C. Liebeskind Early Career Scholar Award (2001)