Mitochondrial Sequestration of Glutamate-Induced
Calcium Loads and Associated Events
American Medical Systems, Inc.
Stanley Thayer, Ph.D.
- Bowyer JF, Peterson SL, Rountree RL, Tor-Agbidye J, Wang GJ. Neuronal degeneration in rat forebrain resulting from D-amphetamine-induced convulsions is dependent on seizure severity and age. Brain Research, 809: 77-90, 1998
- Wang GJ, Schmued LC, Andrews AM, Scallet AC, Slikker Jr. W, Binienda Z. Systemic administration of domoic acid induced spinal cord lesions in neonatal rats. Journal of spinal cord medicine, 23 (1): 31-39, 2000
- Hopkins KJ, Wang GJ, Schmued LC. Temporal progression of kainic acid induced neuronal and myelin degeneration in the rat forebrain. Brain Research, 864: 69-80, 2000
- Wang GJ and Thayer SA. NMDA-induced calcium loads recycle across the mitochondrial inner membrane of hippocampal neurons in culture. Journal of Neurophysiology, 87 (2): 740-749, 2002
- Chen WZ, Aoki C, Mahadomrongkul V, Gruber CE, Wang GJ, Blitzblau R, Irwin N, Rosenberg PA. Expression of a variant form of the glutamate transporter GLT1 in neuronal cultures and in neurons and astrocytes in the rat brain. Journal of Neuroscience, 22 (6): 2142-2152, 2002
- Wang GJ, Jackson JG, Thayer SA. Altered distribution of mitochondria impairs calcium homeostasis in rat hippocampal neurons in culture. Journal of Neurochemistry 87: 85-94, 2003
- Baron KT, Wang GJ, Padua RA, Campbell C, Thayer SA. NMDA-evoked consumption and recovery of mitochondrially targeted aequorin suggests increased Ca2+ uptake by a subset of mitochondria in hippocampal neurons. Brain Research 993: 124-132, 2003
- Whiteside JL, Ensrud-Bowlin KM, Wang GJ, Watschke BP, Roberts KP. Lead placement and associated nerve distribution of an implantable periurethral electrostimulator. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunction 20(3): 325-9, 2009
- Zhang YC, Bicek AD, Wang GJ, Timm GW. Effects of periurethral neuromuscular electrical stimulation on the voiding frequency in rats. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunction 21 (10): 1279-84, 2010
- Damaser MS, Salcedo L, Wang GJ, Zaszczurynski P, Cruz MA, Butler RS, Jiang HH, Zutshi M. Electrical stimulation of anal sphincter or pudendal nerve improves anal sphincter pressure, Diseases of the Colon & Rectum, 2012 in press