There is good evidence that transplantation of oligodendrocyte progenitor cells is beneficial in spinal cord injury. Our lab is focused on developing an autologous source of these cells to further investigate their clinical potential. Our lab is focused on translational research in spinal cord injury, in order to bring ideas from the bench to the bedside.
(For a comprehensive list of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.)
- Patil N, Truong V, Holmberg MH, Stoflet ND, McCoy MR, Dutton JR, Holmberg EG, Parr AM. Safety and Efficacy of Rose Bengal Derivatives for Glial Scar Ablation in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury. J Neurotrauma. 2018 Jan 26;. PMID: 29373946
- Walsh P, Truong V, Hill C, Stoflet ND, Baden J, Low WC, Keirstead SA, Dutton JR, Parr AM. Defined Culture Conditions Accelerate Small-molecule-assisted Neural Induction for the Production of Neural Progenitors from Human-induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Cell Transplant. 2017 Dec;26(12):1890-1902. PMID: 29390875
- Levi AD, Okonkwo DO, Park P, Jenkins AL 3rd, Kurpad SN, Parr AM, Ganju A, Aarabi B, Kim D, Casha S, Fehlings MG, Harrop JS, Anderson KD, Gage A, Hsieh J, Huhn S, Curt A, Guzman R. Emerging safety of intramedullary transplantation of human neural stem cells in chronic cervical and thoracic spinal cord injury. Neurosurgery. 2017 May 24. doi: 10.1093/neuros/nyx250.
- Terzic D, Maxon JR, Krevitt L, DiBartolomeo C, Goyal T, Low WC, Dutton JR, Parr AM. Directed differentiation of oligodendrocyte progenitor cells from mouse induced pluripotent stem cells. Cell Transplant. 2016;25(2):411-24.
- Parr AM, Walsh PJ, Truong V, Dutton JR. cGMP-compliant expansion of human iPSC cultures as adherent monolayers. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1357:221-9.
- Satzer D, Miller C, Maxon J, Voth J, DiBartolomeo C, Mahoney R, Dutton JR, Low WC, Parr AM. T cell deficiency in spinal cord injury: altered locomotor recovery and whole-genome transcriptional analysis. BMC Neurosci. 2015 Nov 6;16:74.
- Parr AM. The BMJ's views on assisted dying: non-representative of its audience. BMJ. 2015 Sep 8;351:h4767.
- Satzer D, DiBartolomeo C, Ritchie MM, Storino C, Liimatainen T, Hakkarainen H, Idiyatullin D, Mangia S, Michaeli S, Parr AM, Low WC. Assessment of dysmyelination with RAFFn MRI: application to murine MPS I. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 13;10(2):e0116788.