The primary research goal of the Z-LAB is to better understand decision making. Making a choice, independent of it being a complex decision about your retirement allocations or which flavor of ice-cream to pick, is the normative consequence of any behavior that is observable.
To understand this process, we combine a multitude of tools that allow us to study neural function of non human primates associated to decision making. We combine single cell electrophysiology, computational modeling of neural responses as well as careful behavioral analysis and ultra high field functional magnetic resonance imaging.
- Eisenreich BR, Hayden BY, Zimmermann J. Macaques are risk-averse in a freely moving foraging task. Sci Rep. 2019 Oct 21;9(1):15091.
- Zimmermann J, Glimcher PW, Louie K. Multiple timescales of normalized value coding underlie adaptive choice behavior. Nature Comm. 2018; 9(1):3206.
- Zimmermann J, Vazquez Y, Glimcher PW, Pesaran B, Louie K. Oculomatic: High speed, reliable, and accurate open-source eye tracking for humans and non-human primates. J Neurosci Methods. 2016 Sep 1;270:138-146.
- Sengupta S, Roebroeck A, Kemper VG, Poser BA, Zimmermann J, Goebel R,Adriany G. 2016, A specialized multi-transmit head coil for high resolution fMRI of the human visual cortex at 7T. PLoS One 2016;11(12):e0165418.
- Emmerling TC, Zimmermann J, Sorger B, Frost M, Goebel R. Time-resolved searchlight analysis of imagined visual motion using 7T ultra-high field fMRI. Data on interindividual differences' Data in Brief. 2016;7:468-471.
- mmerling TC, Zimmermann J, Sorger B, Frost M, Goebel R. Decoding the direction of imagined visual motion using 7T ultra-high field fMRI' NeuroImage. 2016;125:61-73.
- Petro L, Smith F, Zimmermann J, De Martino F, Muckli L. Measuring the precision of feedback fields in V1 using 3T and 7T fMRI. J Vis. 2015;15:517-517.
- Goncalves NR, Zimmermann J, Ban H, Goebel R, Welchman AE. A preference for stereopsis in deep layers of human primary visual cortex' Perception. 2015;44:317-317.
- Gross J, Woelbert E, Zimmermann J, Okamoto-Barth S, Riedl A, Goebel, R. Value signals in the prefrontal cortex predict individual preferences across reward categories. J Neurosci. 2014;34:7580-7586.
- Zilverstand A, Sorger B, Zimmermann J, Kaas A, Goebel R. Windowed correlation: A suitable tool for providing dynamic fMRI-based functional connectivity neurofeedback on task difficulty. PLoS One 2014;9:e85929.
- De Martino F, Zimmermann J, Muckli L, Ugurbil K, Yacoub E, Goebel R. Cortical depth dependent functional responses in humans at 7T: Improved specificity with 3D GRASE. PLoS One 2013;8:e60514.