Mechanisms Regulating Inhibition of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis During Restriction-Induced Drinking in the Rat
Department of Biology
William Engeland, Ph.D.
- Arnhold MM, Wotus C, Engeland WC. Differential regulation of parvocellular neuronal activity in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus following single vs. repeated episodes of water restriction-induced drinking. Exp Neurol. 2007;206(1):126-36.
- Wotus C, Arnhold MM, Engeland WC. Dehydration-induced drinking decreases fos expression in hypothalamic paraventricular neurons expressing vasopressin, but not corticotropin-releasing hormone. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;292(3):R1349-58.
- Wotus C, Osborn JW, Nieto PA, Engeland WC. The contribution of vasopressin to the reduction of corticosterone after restriction-induced drinking in rats. Neuroendocrinology 2003;78:301-311.
- Wotus C, Engeland WC. Differential regulation of adrenal corticosteroids after restriction-induced drinking in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2003;284(1):R183-91
- Wotus C, Levay-Young BK, Rogers LM, Gomez-Sanchez CE, Engeland WC. Development of adrenal zonation in fetal rats defined by expression of aldosterone synthase and 11beta-hydroxylase. Endocrinology. 1998;139(10):4397-403.
- Engeland WC, Wotus C, Rose JC. Ontogeny of innervation of rat and ovine fetal adrenals. Endocrine Res. 1998;24:889-898
Awards and Honors: