Mechanisms Regulating Inhibition of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis During Restriction-Induced Drinking in the Rat
Department of Biology
- Wotus, C., T.R Lilley., A.S. Neal, N.L. Suleiman, S.C. Schmuck, B.L. Smarr, H.O. de la Iglesia. Forced desynchronization reveals independent contributions of suprachiasmatic oscillators to the daily plasma corticosterone rhythm in rats. Endocrinology. 2012 In Review
- Lilley, T.R., C. Wotus, D. Taylor, J.M. Lee, H.O. de la Iglesia. Circadian Regulation of Cortisol Release in Behaviorally Split Golden Hamsters. Endocrinology. 2012 Feb;153(2):732-8.
- Schwartz, M.D., C. Wotus, T. Liu, W.O. Friesen, J. Borjigin, G.A. Oda, H.O. de la Iglesia. Dissociation of circadian and light inhibition of melatonin release through forced desynchronization in the rat. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Oct 13;106(41):17540-5, 2009.
- Arnhold, M.M., C. Wotus and W.C. Engeland. Differential regulation of parvocellular neuronal activity in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus following single vs. repeated episodes of water restriction-induced drinking. Exp Neurol. Jul; 206(1):126-36, 2007.
- Wotus, C., M. Arnhold and W.C. Engeland. Dehydration-induced drinking decreases fos expression in hypothalamic paraventricular neurons expressing vasopressin, but not corticotropin-releasing hormone. American Journal of Physiology Mar; 292(3):R1349-58, 2007.
- Moore, I.T., G.E. Bentley, C. Wotus and J.C. Wingfield. Seasonal changes in brain GnRH immunoreactivity, independent of photoperiod, in a tropical bird. Brain Behav and Evol 68:37-44, 2006.
- Wotus, C., J.W. Osborn, P. Ariza Nieto and W.C. Engeland. The contribution of vasopressin to the reduction of corticosterone after restriction-induced drinking in rats. Neuroendocrinology 78:301-311, 2003.
- Wotus, C. and W.C. Engeland. Differential regulation of adrenal corticosteroids after restriction-induced drinking in rats. American Journal of Physiology 284:R183-R191, 2003.
- Engeland, W.C., C. Wotus and J.C. Rose. Ontogeny of innervation of rat and ovine fetal adrenals. Endocrine Res 24: 889-898, 1998
Awards and Honors: