The effects of early iron deficiency on hippocampal structure and function
Deputy Director of Cancer Moonshot Task Force, Office of the Vice President
Deputy Director of the Office of Science Policy, National Institutes of Health
Acting Director of the Office of Biotechnology Activities, Office of Science Policy, National Institutes of Health
- Thomas KM, Jorgenson LA, Hunt RH, Townsend E, Couperus JW, Nelson CA (in prep). Developmental differences in recognition memory for abstract and concrete objects: An fMRI study.
- Jorgenson LA, Spencer SE, Thomas KM (in prep). The effects of inter-trial interval on behavioral and ERP measures of inhibitory control using a parametric Go/NoGo task.
- Thomas, KM & Jorgenson, LA (2011). Development of remembering: Brain development and neuroimaging evidence. To be published in Ghetti, S & Bauer, PJ (Eds), Origins and Development of Recollection: Perspectives from Psychology and Neuroscience.
- Jorgenson LA, Sun M, Connor M, Georgieff MK (2005). Fetal iron deficiency disrupts the maturation of synaptic function and efficacy in area CA1 of the developing hippocampus. Hippocampus 15(8): 1094-1102.
- Jorgenson LA, Wobken JD, Georgieff MK (2003). Perinatal iron deficiency alters apical dendritic growth in hippocampal area CA1 pyramidal neurons. Dev Neurosci 25:412-420.