Role of the Central Nucleus of the Amygdala for NPY-Opioid Interactions in Feeding
Director of Pharmacology Services, American Preclinical Services
- Levin, ME, Jin, JG, Ji, R-R, Tong, J, Pomonis, JD Lavery, DJ, Miller, SW, and Chiang, LW. (2008) Complement activation in the peripheral nervous system following the spinal nerve ligation model of neuropathic pain. Pain 137(1):182-201.
- Pomonis, JD and Shurman JR. (2007) Uses of TENS for pain management. Practical Pain Management 7(6):46-51.
- Ilyin, VI, Pomonis, JD, Whiteside, GT, Harrison, JE, Pearson, MS, Mark, L, Turchin, PI, Gottshall, SL, Carter, RB, Nguyen, P, Hogenkamp, DJ, Olanrewaju, S, Benjamin, E, and Woodward, RM (2006) Pharmacology of 2-[4-(4-chloro-2-fluorophenoxy) phenyl]-pyrimidine-4-carboxamide (PPPA): a potent, broad-spectrum state- dependent sodium channel blocker for treating pain states. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapetuics 318(3):1083-93.
- Pomonis, JD, Boulet, JM, Gottshall, SL, Phillips, S, Sellers, R, Bunton, T, and Walker, K. (2005) Development and characterization of a rat model of osteoarthritis pain. Pain, 114(3): 339-346.
- Whiteside, GT, Woods, ME, Pearson, MS, Pomonis, JD, Turchin, PI, and Walker, K. (2005) Ablation of a population of neurons in the dorsal horn of the spinal cord is insufficient to induce sprouting of touch responsive myelinated afferents into the innervation territory of pain sensitive unmyelinated afferents. Medical Hypotheses and Research 2: 275-282.
- Whiteside, GT, Harrison, JE, Pearson, MS, Chen, Z, Rotshteyn, Y, Turchin, PI, Pomonis, JD, Mark, L, Walker, K and Brogle, KC. (2004) DiPOA ([8-(3,3-diphenyl-propyl)-4-oxo-1-phenyl-1,3,8-triaza-spiro[4,5]dec-3-yl]acetic acid), a novel, systemically-available and peripherally restricted mu opioid agonist with anti-hyperalgesic activity: 2. In vivo pharmacological characterization in the rat. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapetuics, 310(2): 793-799.
- Peters, CM, Lindsay, TH, Pomonis, JD, Luger, NM, Ghilardi, JR, Sevcik, MA, and Mantyh, PW. (2004) Endothelin and the tumorigenic component of bone cancer pain. Neuroscience, 126(4): 1043-1052.
- Levine, AS, Olszewski, PK, Mullett, MA, Pomonis, JD, Grace, MK, Kotz, CM, and Billington, CJ. (2004) Intra-amygdalar injection of DAMGO: effects on cFos levels in brain sites associated with feeding behavior. Brain Research 1015(1-2):9-14.
- Pomonis, JD, Harrison, JE, Mark, L, Bristol, DR, Valenzano, KJ, and Walker, K (2003) N-(4-tertiarybutylphenyl)-4-(3-chlorophyridin-2-yl)tetrahydropyrazine-1(2H)-carbox-amide (BCTC), a novel, orally effective vanilloid receptor 1 antagonist with analgesic properties: II. In vivo characterization in rat models of inflammatory and neuropathic pain. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 306(1): 387-93.
- Egnaczyk, GF, Pomonis, JD, Schmidt, JA, Rogers, SD, Peters, C, Ghilardi, JR, Mantyh, PW, and Maggio, JE (2003) Proteomic analysis of the reactive phenotype of astrocytes following endothelin-1 exposure. Proteomics 3(5): 689-698.
- Valenzano, KJ, Pomonis, JD , and Walker, K. (2005) TRPV1 antagonists and chronic pain. In: Turning Up the Heat on Pain: TRPV1 Receptors in Pain and Inflammation. Malmberg, AB and Bley, KR, eds. Basel: Birkhauser Verlag.
- Pomonis, JD (2006) Rat Models of Osteoarthritis. In: The Encyclopedic Reference of Pain . Schmidt, RF, and Willis, WD, eds. Heidelberg, Springer-Verlag.
- Pomonis, JD and Ghildyal, N (in press) From Poppies to Peppers: Plant-Derived Compounds as Analgesics. In Plant-Derived Compounds in the Development of Therapeutics. Furlong, ST, ed.