Undergraduate Institution and Major:
California State University Northridge, B.A. in Behavioral Neuroscience and Psychology, 2013
University of Delaware, M.A. 2019
Masters and Undergraduate:
- Maisson DJ. Distinct Contributions of the Nucleus Reuniens, Prefrontal Cortex, and Hippocampus to Spatial Working Memory. Masters dissertation. University of Delaware. 2019.
- Maisson DJ, Gemzik ZM, Griffin AL Optogenetic suppression of the nucleus reuniens selectively impairs encoding during spatial working memory. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2018 Nov;155:78-85
- Lorber MF1, Maisson DJ, Slep AM, Heyman RE, Wolff MS. Mechanisms linking interparental aggression to child dental caries. Caries Res. 2017;51(2):149-159.
Graduate Oral Presentations:
- Maisson DJ-N. This is your brain on disorder.. 90s elevator pitch about importance of research at the UD Graduate Students’ Forum for Research and Creative Endeavors, 2018.
- Maisson DJ-N, Griffin AL. Implicating the Midline Thalamus in Hippocampal Spatial Working Memory Processes. Formal talk and the UD Graduate Students’ Forum for Research and Creative Endeavors), 2018.
- Maisson DJ-N, Griffin AL. Effects of nucleus reuniens optogenetic suppression on working-memory related hippocampal activity. David Olton Data Blitz, Park City Winter Conference, 2018.
- Maisson DJ-N, Griffin AL. Comparison of medial entorhinal and nucleus reuniens projections in CA1. Society for Neuroscience, 2017; Delaware Neuroscience Symposium, 2017).
- Gemzik ZM, Stout JS, Looney NF, Gaylord MT, Maisson DJ-N, Griffin AL Distinct spatial working memory correlates of prefrontal and hippocampal projections to the nucleus reuniens. Society for Neuroscience, 2017; Delaware Neuroscience Symposium, 2017.
- Maisson DJ-N, Griffin AL. Optogenetic suppression of mPFC terminals and cell bodies in nucleus reuniens during select phases of a spatial working memory task. UT Austin Conference on Learning & Memory, 2017.
- Maisson DJ-N, Emanuel B, Hallock H, Gemzik Z, Donahue M, Griffin AL. Distinct contributions of hippocampal and prefrontal afferents to nucleus reuniens during spatial working memory. Society for Neuroscience, 2016; Delaware Neuroscience Symposium, 2016
- David Redish
- Ben Hayden
- Esther Krook-Magnuson
- Jocelyn Richard
- Rocio Gomez-Pastor
- Society for Neurosciece
- American Physiological Society
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Neuroeconomics
- Behavorial and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neuroscience of Drug Abuse and Addiction
What got you interested in research?
I've been involved in research for 8 years. My interest started with neuroscience. I took a brain and behavior class as a University sophomore with a professor who fostered a love for the subject in me. The following semester, I took a research methods course and that professor solidified for me that this was what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. It's been research labs ever since.
Why did you choose the University of Minnesota?
I chose MN for the city, the size of the cohort, the cohort-building investment, the volume and range of available professors, and the program foundation of interdisciplinarity.