Ph.D. 2001, M.D. 2003
Oculomotor and Manual Tracking of Visual Targets
Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Chief of Ophthalmology at HCMC.
- Kevin C. Engel, John H. Anderson, Christopher M. Gomez, John F. Soechting. Deficits in Ocular and Manual Tracking Due to Episodic Ataxia Type 2. Movement Disorders (In Press)
- Kevin C. Engel, John F. Soechting. Interactions between Ocular Motor and Manual Responses during Two-Dimensional Tracking. Progress in Brain Research, 142: 141-154, 2003
- Engel KC , Soechting JF. Interactions between ocular motor and manual responses during two-dimensional tracking. Prog Brain Res. 2003;142:141-53.
- Engel KC , Flanders M, Soechting JF. Oculocentric frames of reference for limb movement. Arch Ital Biol. 2002 Jul;140(3):211-9.
- Kevin C. Engel, Martha Flanders, John F. Soechting. Oculocentric Frames of Reference for Limb Movement. Archives Italiennes de Biologie, 140(3): 211-219
- Soechting JF, Engel KC , Flanders M. The Duncker illusion and eye-hand coordination. J Neurophysiol. 2001 Feb;85(2):843-54.
- Engel KC, Anderson JH, Soechting JF. (2000) Similarity in the response of smooth pursuit and manual tracking to a change in the direction of target motion. J Neurophysiol. 84:1149-1156.
- Engel KC, Soechting JF. (2000) Manual tracking in two dimensions. J Neurophysiol. 83:3483-3496.
- Engel KC, Anderson JH, Soechting JF. (1999) Oculomotor tracking in two dimensions. J Neurophysiol. 81:1597-1602.
- Engel KC , Flanders M, Soechting JF. Anticipatory and sequential motor control in piano playing. Exp Brain Res. 1997 Feb;113(2):189-99.
Awards and Honors:
- 2001, Bacaner Research Award in Basic Medical Science
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Best Dissertation in Biological and Medical Sciences – University of Minnesota, 2002