The effects and mechanisms of action of the substance P N-terminus on nociceptive transmission in the spinal cord
Research Associate, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University
- Hertlein, E., Wagner A.J., Jones, J., Lin, T.S., Maddocks, K.J., Towns, W.H.3rd, Goettl, V.M., Zhang, X., Jarjoura, D., Raymond, C.A., West, D.A., Croce, C.M., Byrd, J.C., and Johnson, A.J., 2010, “17-DMAG targets the nuclear factor kappa-B family of proteins to induce apoptosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: clinical implications of HSP90 inhibition,” Blood, 116:45-63.
- Lucas, D.M., Edwards, R.B., Lozanski, G., West, D.A., Shin, J.D., Vargo, M.A., Davis, M.E., Rozewski, D.M., Johnson, A.J., Su, B.N., Goettl, V.M., Heerema, N.A., Lin, T.S., Lehman, A., Zhang, X., Jarjoura, D., Newman, D.J., Byrd, J.C., Kinghorn, A.D., and Grever, M.R., 2009, “The novel plant-derived agent silvestrol has B-cell selective activity in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and acute lymphoblastic leukemia in vitro and in vivo,” Blood, 113:4656-4666.
- Hacimuftuoglu, A., Handy, C.R., Goettl, V.M., Lin, C.G., Dane, S., and Stephens, Jr. R.L., 2006, “Antioxidants attenuate multiple phases of formalin induced nociception response in mice,” Behav. Br. Res., 173:211-216.
- Wu, L.C., Goettl, V.M., Madiai, F., Hackshaw, K.V., and Hussain, S.R., 2006, “Reciprocal regulation of nuclear factor kappa B and its inhibitor ZAS3 after peripheral nerve injury,” BMC Neurosci. 7:4.
- Madiai, F., Goettl, V.M., Hussain, S.R., Clairmont, A.R., Stephens, Jr. R.L., and Hackshaw, K.V., 2005, “Anti-fibroblast growth factor-2 antibodies attenuate mechanical allodynia in a rat model of neuropathic pain,” J. Mol. Neurosci., 27:315-24.
- Binns, B.C., Huang, Y., Goettl, V.M., Hackshaw, K.V., and Stephens, Jr. R.L., 2005, “Glutamate uptake is attenuated in spinal deep dorsal and ventral horn in the rat spinal nerve ligation model,” Brain Res., 1041:38-47.
- Goettl, V.M.*, Hussain, S.-R.A.*, Alzate, O., Wirtz, D.J., Stephens Jr. R.L., and Hackshaw, K.V., 2004, “Differential change in mRNA expression of p75 and Trk neurotrophin receptors in nucleus gracilis after spinal nerve ligation in the rat,” Exp. Neurol., 187:533-536. *equal contribution
- Madiai, F., Goettl, V.M., Stephens Jr. R.L, and Hackshaw, K.V., 2004, “Ciliary neurotrophic factor immunoreactivity is not associated with reactive astrocytes in the rat spinal cord following unilateral spinal nerve ligation,” Neurosci. Res. Communications, 34:122-129.
- Alzate, O., Hussain, S.-R.A., Goettl, V.M., Tewari, A.K., Madiai, F., Stephens Jr. R.L., and Hackshaw, K.V., 2004, “Proteomic identification of brainstem cytosolic proteins in a neuropathic pain model,” Mol. Br. Res., 128:192-200.
- Goettl, V.M., Zhang, H, Burrows, A.C., Wemlinger, T.A., Neff, N.H., and Hadjiconstantinou, M., 2003, “GM1 enhances dopaminergic markers in the brain of aged rats,” Exp. Neurol., 183:665-672.