BDNF regulates filopodial dynamics through RhoA-dependent modulation of ADF/cofilin
Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, Augustana College, IL
Paul C. Letourneau
- Gehler S, Ponik SM, Riching KM, Keely PJ. (In Process) Integrin Regulation of Tumor Progression in Response to Biophysical Changes in the Extracellular Matrix. Critical Reviews in Eukaryotic Gene Expression.
- Gehler S, Baldassarre M, Lad Y, Leight JL, Wozniak MA, Riching KM, Eliceiri KW, Weaver VM, Calderwood DA, Keely PJ. (2009) Filamin A-β1 integrin complex tunes epithelial cell
response to matrix tension. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 20:3224-3238. *nominated for the American Society for Cell Biology Paper of the Year
- Keely PJ, Conklin MW, Gehler S, Ponik SM, and Provenzano PP. (2007) Investigating integrin regulation and signaling events in three dimensional systems. Methods in Enzymology. 426:27-45.
- Chen TJ*, Gehler S*, Shaw AE, Bamburg JR, and Letourneau PC. (2006) Cdc42 participates in the regulation of ADF/cofilin and retinal growth cone filopodial dynamics by Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor. Journal of Neurobiology. 66(2):103-114. *contributed equally as first authors
- Gehler S, Gallo GG, Veien E, and Letourneau PC. (2004) p75NTR signaling regulates growth cone filopodial dynamics through modulating RhoA activity. The Journal of Neuroscience. 24:4363-4372.
- Fass J, Gehler S, Sarmiere P, Letourneau PC, and Bamburg JR. (2004) Regulating filopodial dynamics through actin-depolymerizing factor/cofilin. Anatomical Science International. 79(4):173-183.
- Gehler S, Shaw AE, Sarmiere PD, Bamburg JR, and Letourneau PC. (2004) Brain-derived neurotrophic factor regulation of retinal growth cone filopodial dynamics is mediated through ADF/cofilin. The Journal of Neuroscience. 24:10741-10749.