Mitochondrial Sequestration of Glutamate-Induced Calcium Loads and Associated Events
American Medical Systems, Inc.
Stanley Thayer, Ph.D.
- Wang GJ, Jackson JG, Thayer SA. Altered distribution of mitochondria impairs calcium homeostasis in rat hippocampal neurons in culture. J Neurochem. 2003;87(1):85-94.
- Baron KT, Wang GJ, Padua RA, Campbell C, Thayer SA. NMDA-evoked consumption and recovery of mitochondrially targeted aequorin suggests increased Ca2+ uptake by a subset of mitochondria in hippocampal neurons. Brain Res. 2003;993(1-2):124-32.
- Wang GJ, Thayer SA. NMDA-induced calcium loads recycle across the mitochondrial inner membrane of hippocampal neurons in culture. J Neurophysiol. 2002;87(2):740-9.
- Wang GJ, Nutter LM, Thayer SA. Insensitivity of cultured rat cortical neurons to mitochondrial DNA synthesis inhibitors: evidence for a slow turnover of mitochondrial DNA. Biochem Pharmacol. 1997;54(1):181-7.
- Wang GJ, Thayer SA. Sequestration of glutamate-induced Ca2+ loads by mitochondria in cultured rat hippocampal neurons. J Neurophysiol. 1996;76(3):1611-21.
- Thayer SA, Wang GJ. Glutamate-induced calcium loads: effects on energy metabolism and neuronal viability. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 1995;22(4):303-4.
- Wang GJ, Richardson SR, Thayer SA. Intracellular acidification is not a prerequisite for glutamate-triggered death of cultured hippocampal neurons. Neurosci Lett. 1995;186:139-44.
- Wang GJ, Randall RD, Thayer SA. Glutamate-induced intracellular acidification of cultured hippocampal neurons demonstrates altered energy metabolism resulting from Ca2+ loads. J Neurophysiol. 1994;72(6):2563-9.