Parameter Optimization in Compartmental Models of Neurons
- Clinical Neuroscientist and Founding Partner, Brain Health Northwest, LLC
- Adjunct Professor
George Wilcox, Ph.D.
- Eichler West RM, De Schutter E, Wilcox GL. Using evolutionary algorithms to search for control parameters in a nonlinear partial differential equation. Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications volume on Evolutionary Algorithms and High Performance Computing. Springer-Verlag, New York. 1999; pp. 33-64.
- Eichler West RM, Wilcox GL. Robust Parameter Selection for Compartmental Models of Neurons using Evolutionary Algorithms. CNS-96 Proceedings. Plenum Press. 1997;pp. 75-80.
- Eichler West RM, Wilcox GL. A renumbering method to decrease matrix banding in equations describing branched neuron-like structures. J Neurosci Methods. 1996;68(1):15-9.
- Eichler West, a senior research scientist for computational sciences and mathematics, has obtained $2.6 million from the Department of Energy's Office of Science to develop math tools that can handle massively complex problems.