Entering Class 2020
Member of MSTP (MD/PhD) program
Undergraduate Institution and Major:
Villanova University, B.S. in Biochemistry and Neuroscience, 2018
Rocio Gomez Pastor, Ph.D., Department of Neuroscience
- Yu D, Zarate N, Cuccu F, Yue JS, Brown TG, Tsai A, Mansky R, Jiang K, Kim H, Nanclares C, Nichols-Meade T, Larson SN, Gundry K, Zhang Z, Benneyworth M, Öz G, Cvetanovic M, Araque A, Gomez Pastor R. Protein kinase CK2 alpha prime and alpha-synuclein constitute a key regulatory pathway in Huntington’s disease. BioRxiv 2020.10.29.359380.
- Brown TG, Thayer, M, Gomez-Pastor, R. Striatal compartmentalization and clustering of different subtypes of astrocytes is altered in Huntington’s disease. Expanded Repeats conference. June 17-18, 2021. Virtual.
- Brown TG, Xu J, Hurd YL, Pan YX. Dysregulated expression of the alternatively spliced variant mRNAs of the mu opioid receptor gene, OPRM1, in the medial prefrontal cortex of male human heroin abusers and heroin self-administering male rats. J Neurosci Res. 2020 Jun 7:10.1002/jnr.24640.
- Xu J, Lu Z, Narayan A, Le Rouzic VP, Xu M, Hunkele A, Brown TG, Hoefer WF, Rossi GC, Rice RC, Martínez-Rivera A, Rajadhyaksha AM, Cartegni L, Bassoni DL, Pasternak GW, Pan YX.Alternatively spliced mu opioid receptor C termini impact the diverse actions of morphine. J Clin Invest. 2017 Apr 3;127(4):1561-1573.
- Xu J, Xu M, Brown T, Rossi GC, Hurd YL, Inturrisi CE, Pasternak GW, Pan YXStabilization of the μ-opioid receptor by truncated single transmembrane splice variants through a chaperone-like action. J Biol Chem. 2013 Jul 19;288(29):21211-21227.