Entering Class 2020
Member of MSTP (MD/PhD) program
Undergraduate Institution and Major:
Villanova University, B.S. in Biochemistry and Neuroscience, 2018
Rocio Gomez Pastor, Ph.D., Department of Neuroscience
- Front Cell Neurosci. 2023 Apr 28;17:1094503. Striatal spatial heterogeneity, clustering, and white matter association of GFAP+ astrocytes in a mouse model of Huntington's disease.
- Mansky RH, Greguske EA, Yu D, Zarate N, Intihar TA, Tsai W, Brown TG, Thayer MN, Kumar K, Gomez-Pastor R. Tumor suppressor p53 regulates heat shock factor 1 protein degradation in Huntington's disease. Cell Rep. 2023; 42:112198.
- Brown JL, Hart DW, Boyle GE, Brown TG, LaCroix M, Baraibar AM, Pelzel R, Kim M, Sherman MA, Boes S, Sung M, Cole T, Lee MK, Araque A, Lesné SE. SNCA genetic lowering reveals differential cognitive function of alpha-synuclein dependent on sex. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2022; 10:180.
- Brown TG, Chen L. Neuropathology of Huntington’s Disease. IntechOpen. 2022 Sept 9. doi: 10.5772/intechopen.106664.
- Yu D, Zarate N, Cuccu F, Yue JS, Brown TG, Tsai A, Mansky R, Jiang K, Kim H, Nanclares C, Nichols-Meade T, Larson SN, Gundry K, Zhang Z, Benneyworth M, Öz G, Cvetanovic M, Araque A, Gomez Pastor R. CK2 alpha prime and alpha-synuclein pathogenic functional interaction mediates synaptic dysregulation in Huntington’s disease. Acta Neuropathol Commun 2022;10:83.
- Brown TG, Thayer, M, Gomez-Pastor, R. Striatal compartmentalization and clustering of different subtypes of astrocytes is altered in Huntington’s disease. Expanded Repeats conference. June 17-18, 2021. Virtual.
- Brown TG, Xu J, Hurd YL, Pan YX. Dysregulated expression of the alternatively spliced variant mRNAs of the mu opioid receptor gene, OPRM1, in the medial prefrontal cortex of male human heroin abusers and heroin self-administering male rats. J Neurosci Res. 2020 Jun 7:10.1002/jnr.24640.
- Xu J, Lu Z, Narayan A, Le Rouzic VP, Xu M, Hunkele A, Brown TG, Hoefer WF, Rossi GC, Rice RC, Martínez-Rivera A, Rajadhyaksha AM, Cartegni L, Bassoni DL, Pasternak GW, Pan YX.Alternatively spliced mu opioid receptor C termini impact the diverse actions of morphine. J Clin Invest. 2017 Apr 3;127(4):1561-1573.
- Xu J, Xu M, Brown T, Rossi GC, Hurd YL, Inturrisi CE, Pasternak GW, Pan YXStabilization of the μ-opioid receptor by truncated single transmembrane splice variants through a chaperone-like action. J Biol Chem. 2013 Jul 19;288(29):21211-21227.